"Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holy crap it's been a month since the last post. Sorry about that, things have been crazy hectic around here.

Mike is officiall addicted to Facebook...he spends most of his spare time cleaning up his patch and tending to others' patches.

Not much running has been going on for Mike, work has not afforded him that luxury too much lately. Between the economy and cub scouts there is not much time for anything else.

Last Saturday I attended my 20 year high school reunion. It was....interesting, yeah ,that's the word I'll use. I got to see a couple of friends that didn't show up at the 10 year which was great. It was nice to catch up. I don't speak to anyone I went to high school with on a regular basis. Occasionally I see a girl I went to school K-12 with who lived one street over from me...her son & Jimmy go to school together. On facebook I've caught up with another friend who graduated a year behind me...but other than that...nothing. I think it's mainly because I went away to college and no one I hung out with went to Central so we all drifted.

I have to say, after 20 years it's amazing how many of the cliques are still in tact. The girls seemed to have aged better than the guys, a lot of them got fat, and lost most or all of their hair. Mike says the girls didn't do as well as I'm thinking, once the lights came back up at the end of the night he got a little scared!

Overall the night was fun though. Got to dance to some great 80s tunes. Say hi to people I haven't thought about in 20 years. See all those senior pictures on the name tags and reminice about how we were able to get our hair to be THAT big. And drink waaaay super strong rum & diet cokes all night. What better way to spend a Saturday night!

LCN Class of '88

This is all that showed up out of about 250

Tracey, Laura & Me

Tracey & I went to school K-12, we stayed friends all the way through but she was a cheerleader and I was a band geek so we were mainly in different circles. Laura & I were BFFs all through middle school, but drifted a little in high school.

Sheila & Me

Another band geek friend

Dawn & Me

Dawn & I were in girl scouts together & our mom's were great friends but we drifted in middle & high school.

Thanks for reading...we'll try to be more regular!

2 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Looks like a fun reunion!

Animal said...

Photos look great, Guv! Yer lovely, I'll give ya that!

(Oh, and for regularity? I usually rely on the prunes. Keeps things moooooovin' out!)